Saturday, June 7, 2008

Jim Webb for VP

Jim Webb would be my choice, but he wrote a very powerful editorial against having women in combat (twenty or thirty years ago), and choosing him as VP would complete the job of alienating the women who supported Senator Clinton.

Kathleen Sebelius is a nice woman, and seems to be doing a great job as governor, but having ovaries shouldn’t be enough to raise her above other good governors.

Caroline Kennedy is a fine person, and her volunteer work is an example to all, but she has no credentials for this level of public office.

We could run down a long list of potential VPs, but my take on this is that Obama managed, in the face of astounding odds, to prevail in this contest. He prevailed by picking talented help, inspiring loyalty, forging alliances and being very smart. I think I’ll just focus on my garden for a while, and trust that he’ll be as smart about picking a VP, as he has been about almost everything else.


by martie

No comments: